The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is part of a nationwide movement whose mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Boys & Girls Club Programming Works
- Nationwide, 87% of Club kids graduate from high school, compared to the average of 66%.
- Twenty-five percent of Club kids graduate from college, compared to the national average of 16%.
- Police reports indicate that juvenile crime drops as much as 62% when a new club opens.
- Sixty percent of Club members participating in educational programming see increased performance in the Delaware State Testing Program.
- More than 3,000 youths participate in physical activity for more than 30 minutes daily, helping to fight childhood obesity.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is the largest licensed provider of before and after school care in the state.
- We partner with 15 of the state’s 19 school districts and nine charter schools to provide educational services and curriculum-based learning to supplement what children are learning in the classroom.
- Forty-two club sites are located throughout the state and currently serve more than 20,000 children per year – 15% of school-aged children. The demand for Boys & Girls Club services, however, greatly exceeds our ability to provide them.
- Clubs provide quality programs focusing on tutoring & dropout prevention, drug & alcohol prevention, health and education enhancement, character development, and physical education.
- More than 10,000 meals are served to hungry children each week.
- Twenty-eight percent of revenue is generated from private donations. Four percent comes from the United Way.
- Eighty-seven cents of every dollar raised goes directly to services and programs for kids. Administrative costs are 50% lower than those of the average non-profit.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware serves 20,000 youths annually – one out of every seven school-aged children in the state.
- All fulltime staff members in Clubs are college-educated and professionally trained.